On Jun 25, 2009, at 10:22 PM, mike wrote:
I wonder if we could discuss which version I might want for
prosumer use at home?

Or what minimum version will do the job. With XP they tried to embarrass businesses into paying too much by attaching "Home" to the lower-cost version, even though "Home" was perfectly usable in a business setting. Are they doing that again or will there now be some missing gotcha in the Home edition?

Any speculation if they will be able to make these high prices stick in a slow economy? Compare to Adobe's offering an introductory price through May 31 on Creative Suite and then introducing a new offer on June 1 that was only $20 more and good through Aug 31.

Looking at these prices it looks to me like the best option may be to buy a full-featured Snow Leopard instead of a pay-by-the-feature Win7 OS.