On Oct 12, 2009, at 11:44 AM, phartz...@gmail.com wrote:
> The Washington DC Fox outlet, WTTG, on their morning newscast today,
> had a review of Windows 7.  Some Windows "expert," I failed to get his
> name, was on-air offering his opinions of Windows 7.  He was less than
> enthused about the product.

That seems to be the drift from people who actually tried it who are
not subject to FTC anti-shill regs.

Apparently it is a slow booter
"Windows 7 Called Slower than Vista"
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/173441/windows_7_called_slower_than_vista.html

"According to iolo's tests, Windows 7 starts up 42% slower than Vista
-- one minute, 34 seconds versus one minute, six seconds -- on a brand
new machine"

"Over an even more extended span, Windows 7's boot times get more
sluggish than that: By the end of a simulated two-year period, Windows
7's startup times increased more than 330%."

That would make it 5 minutes and 10 seconds to boot. Oof! I'm glad my
OS X doesn't degrade like that.