On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 10:52 PM, b_s-wilk <b1sun...@yahoo.es> wrote:

> > Hey young fella!

>>> ARPANET? I
>>> >

>> You mean good old Unicol.  I spent quite a few nights fretting over a pile
>> of punch cards that were my FORTRAN program to generate the first 6 prime
>> fibbonacci numbers.   It was cheaper to use Drexel's computer lab but I
>> ran
>> a few things at the mother ship
>>

> OMG, were you a classmate??? Decima Anderson?

Nope, I graduated class of '86 should have been '84 but I took the long way
around.   Fortran was fall of '79 in the first bunch of freshmen classes.

> It was scary carrying a week's worth of punch cards four blocks [it was
> 3600 block, not 3400] without dropping them and spending hours to put them
> back in order. I remember Burroughs, what it looked like, but not the model.
> One of the other computers had all those blinking lights that were fun to
> watch, like in the old sci fi movies. BTW, I was an art major, taking
> Fortran programming for "fun".

We had art majors?  I liked some of the fashion design majors.

I think it may have moved.  I remember it being on the corner behind the Gym
at 34th and Market.  I think Ivy research was upstairs where some folks
rented their bodies to science.

> I like my iMac better.
>
> I still have a 128K upgraded to a plus Mac in the basement with the blue
Drexel D Tattoo on the front from the batch the class of '88/'89 got as
freshmen.  I think my wife's has the Drexel D Brand burned into the case.

--
John Duncan Yoyo