I have installed Eudora 7 (paid) on Windows 7 without any problems.
Installing on my D drive in the D:\eudora directory and the attachments
in the D:\eudora\attach sub directory.  It is very configurable and
just works.

The main reason I installed it on my D drive is that has a lot more space
and the C drive is a SSD.

I have been using Eudora since the 80's when it first came out. believe my first version was something like 2.2 or so.

Whenever I get a new main computer, I always install Eudora in the same directory name and then don't execute the program, I copy the whole sub directory and below to the new computers Eudora directory and all is well.

Never a problem and I won't change until they pry the email from my cold dead fingers. <GGGGGGG>

Rich

PS: I support clients with Outlook as that is what pays for my toys..