There are always individuals with vision to our benefit, but the bulk of
people are trapped in the time they were born.  Human beings existed
virtually unchanged for thousands of years, it's just been the last few
where true fundamental change has happened.  We've had thousands, tens of
thousands of years of evolutionary conditioning of existing singularly in
our own time, I don't believe that is an easy thing to drop from our genes.