Very unlikely email browsing computers would be optimal for what you want. They are probably very inexpensive / minimal capabilities machines.

Buy something appropriate from the Dell or Apple outlet and add your video cards etc.. I'm not the one to tell you the specs of that ... other to say that I know video editing wants high end machines.

Try googling your question. "Best or recommended computer specs for video editing."

db

Victor Subervi wrote:
Hi;
I need to build a machine that will enable me to edit video. I've been told
I should have circa 16 gigs of RAM and two graphics cards. I also have an
opportunity to pick up a desktop from a cyber cafe that's going out of
business at a bargain price. The computers are only a year old. I don't know
what they have and I'm not in a position to open it up just yet. My question
is whether or not the motherboard of most year-old computers would probably
be good enough to accommodate high-powered graphics cards. Also, all other
suggestions you have would be appreciated.
TIA,
Victor