On Dec 5, 2009, at 12:01 AM, Tony B wrote:
I've used OpenDNS for so long I almost missed this. But Google now
offers a free DNS that's much easier to remember (8.8.8.8., 8.8.4.4)!

Recently I'm experimenting with various domain resolution services because I have noticed a dramatic DNS lookup slowdown. When I click on a link my browser often pauses for several seconds with "Waiting for...". Web pages that have lots of links to external sites will cycle through several "Waiting for" messages leaving me pounding my desk. Does anyone have any ideas about this?