Every new president inherits policies with which he disagrees, especially when it is a party change. W complained about inheriting a recession which started in the latter year of the Clinton admin. W also inherited a national security structure which was inadequate to prevent 9/1, but didn't whine about it.

Obama has been gungho about the war in Afghanistan since 2003 or 4. Remember, it was the good war and Iraq the bad. (As an aside, it is humorous that he has embraced the Bush surge doctrine). At this late date in his 11 months in office, it is getting a bit tiresome to hear every Obama speech start with Bush bashing. He should man up and deal with the state of the world and country as it is now and how he will remedy it. Enough with the excuses and whining!