On 12/16/2009 12:01 AM, Fred Holmes wrote:
Whatever subsystem fails on the motherboard, and can be fixed by replacing it
with the same function on a PCI card.  Shouldn't the Firewire be on the MB as
well?

Slot covers can contain additional connectors, e.g. for an e-Sata drive.

An SCSI card, so you can hook up a legacy drive containing old data that
suddenly becomes important.  Yes, I know, there are USB to SCSI adapters, or at
least there used to be for SCSI narrow drives.

Another video card so you can be running four monitors?

. . .

Fred Holmes

I won't wait for a motherboard failure. That is why, I am doing what you mentioned above.