I don't see the connection you are making between mature product cycles and government and WM.

To my mind, WM is an uninspired mediocre downscaled desktop OS product from a provider with bad juju. Did it ever mature?

Governments ... have been both good and bad. The good ones were probably the ones that developed to a mature level. The bad ones are when they rot sometime thereafter... when citizens stop maintaining them.

??

db

mike wrote:
I don't think it's a good thing, that's where you get things that are
unaccountable like government or windows mobile.  Take your pick of evil.