On Dec 21, 2009, at 11:15 PM, Reid Katan wrote:
But Tom and Betty both say the Dock *works better* (not "has more functions", but "is more user friendly") on the side. And IIRC, Tom intimated that no serious user would leave the Dock on the bottom. So, what up widdat.

You can arm-chair theorize all you want. I went through all the same reasons why bottom is better, but what I observed in the field was different. So I tried it and the improvement was obvious. Ditto for Windows taskbar.