Marcio wrote:
I used Panasonic X film had smal grains. Then we had Plus X.

Good old days. When color came in I no longer could work in the lab.What a pain.

Marcio
I think the fine-grain B&W film was Kodak Panatomic. Speed ASA 25. Plus X had speed 100, Tri-X speed 400.

I like shooting with B&W but wanted large grain film to give an illusion of pointillism. I used Kodak 2475 film with speed 1600, pushed to 3200. It was intended for police surveillance. It had a sensitivity to infrared light, so that portraits of people tended to show skin blemishes. Worked well for portraits of old people since the portrait was imbued with the concept of old age.

I can't remember the name of a Kodak color slide film that rendered false colors. For example, a blue sky would appear reddish pink, and nearly every color was replaced by a greatly differing color. This was way before Photoshop which can do the same thing to a normal image.

My daughter three years ago took photography in high school. There they still use B&W film in cameras and learn to develop and print in a darkroom. I loaned her my Pentax Super ME to take the class.