Then it might sprout wings! :-)

Stewart

At 09:04 PM 1/28/2010, you wrote:
I don't understand how their marketing department could have let them >down so badly,

From Wikipedia, that well-known source of sometimes (not always)
misleading information:

Apple declared the 'i' in iMac to stand for "Internet"; it also represented >the product's focus as a personal device ('i' for "individual").

We also have the Thinkpad, from IBM, a fine personal computing
device if a little dated. Nobody was thinking about feminine hygiene when they named that bad boy. "Think" was IBM's motto.

i think Apple is just hung up on sticking an "i" in front of whatever they
make.  Maybe they should have called it a "Macpad."

A new improved model could be called a "Maxipad."

:-)