After checking TurboTax Support on the web:

1. A link to Article 7760 (quoted in the original message) is here:

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/kb/general-program-issues/entering-your-data/7760.html

2. A link on that page ("Capture your engine log files") is here:

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/kb/installing/installation/7646.html

3. That page tells where to find log files after recreating errors, and what to do next. It assumes two cases:
   a. Windows 7 or Vista, or
   b. Windows XP or 2000

-Andy