On Feb 19, 2010, at 2:03 AM, Eric S. Sande wrote:
I'm wondering who these hypothetical conservatives are that seem to be
the demons in this passion play.  You know I'm conservative, but more
often than not I agree with you.

Then you must not be a REAL conservative.

Actually I think the term "conservative" has been hijacked by people with entirely different interests. They want low taxes and small government as a means to achieving their own greedy ends. E.g. they want to close down the SEC so they can all become a Madoff.