That's a bit of a reach considering these were free laptops handed out with
specific instructions leading one to know the cams could be used at any
time. I don't recall anything like that happening during Jim Crow.

I'm with the parents. You can't accept a free tool and then sue because it
came with strings attached. Now, if a retailer were selling these things and
said absolutely nothing about camera monitoring, that would be different.

If anything, they should sue the students who weren't bright enough not to
tape over the cameras before doing stupid stuff in front of them. Just for
being dumb and making us all come to meetings.