On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Rev. Stewart Marshall
<popoz...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> To be honest there is still too little information being released for anyone
> to make a good solid opinion on.

  Thus, one of the reasons for the lawsuit.

> 1.)  Did they inform the students that their activity could be monitored
> under limited circumstances (Lost notebooks or similar)
> At this point that does not seem the case, so there was no informed consent.

  There was no informed consent, at least as far as informing the
parents is concerned.  The school system has admitted to this.

> 2.) Was the laptop that the student was supposed to have been monitored on,
> a loaner in that he had lost his laptop or it was stolen?
> I saw a comment that this was the case.  If so what caused the laptop's
> webcam to be turned on?

> 3.)  What paperwork, phone call etc. was given to the Vice Principal to
> cause her to call the student into her office?
> Again the VP has alleged that she did not cause the webcam to be turned on.

  There is no claim that the VP had any role in the decision to turn
on the camera in the student's laptop.  The VP held a press conference
wherein she railed against all the allegations that claimed she had
authorized the surveillance of the student in question.  Actually,
there had been no such allegations made against her at all, and the
fact that she held a press conference to denounce non-existent
allegations puzzled a lot of people.

  The VP showed a photo of the student to the student, and also
presumably showed it to the parents of the student.  It is presumed
that she got the photo from the tech staff who were in charge of
remotely activating those webcams.  But again, the school system has
been mostly circling the wagons, providing little or no light on the
situation.

  Steve