I'm talking about the new tech batteries Tom mentioned.

On Mar 16, 2010 11:42 AM, "b_s-wilk" <b1sun...@yahoo.es> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM, mike <xha...@gmail.com> wrote: > >> >
> When do these new batteries...
>
> >  Is it only rumor that the newest MacBook Pro computers contain >
> batteries that are not serviceab...

Batteries have been "nonreplaceable" in iPods since 1st gen. We've replaced
batteries in 3 iPods: two 20GB 4th gen, and one 60 GB 5th gen iPod. MacBook
Air has replaceable "nonreplaceable" battery. Unibody MacBooks and MacBook
Pros also have these batteries [since 2009].

How to open the MB/MBP to replace these batteries:

- Apple manual [see chapter 3], <
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/MacBook_Pro_13inch_Mid2009.pdf>
- ifixit.com teardown, <
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook-Pro-13-Inch-Unibody/814/1>