On Mar 18, 2010, at 10:43 PM, phartz...@gmail.com wrote:
Tom, Ms. Cyrus was speaking to her pubescent fans, most of whom
spend far too much time socializing and whiling away their time on
their various computers, which includes cell phones, and not enough
time on what they need to be focused on.

My kids are grown now. So I have some perspective on the matter. Instead of worrying about how technology might damage them, I can say with certainty that technology enriched their lives. It helped them do better at school. It helped them in their lives. One earns a living programming and the other is teaching at the high school level and writes plays that have been produced at the Kennedy Center and on off- Broadway stages in New Your City. The only place I think I failed is with handwriting. They both have terrible handwriting. I was never able to get them to practice sufficiently.