On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:11 AM, tjpa <t...@tjpa.com> wrote:

> Well you have a silly notion. It is amazing how you fixate on a tiny
> 1/8-inch of its surface that causes a problem when the phone is operated at
> the edge of its range. Your supposition is so extreme that it strongly
> suggests you have a hidden agenda.

  Apple could have easily eliminated that 1/8 inch of problematic area
by applying an insulating material over it.  Why put out even a
somewhat flawed product when it could be avoided so easily through
various options?  Perhaps Apple was unaware of this at the time of
manufacture, and I would not seriously fault them if that were the
case.  If so, then they should be offering those coverings, or
something similar, gratis to folks who are experiencing this problem
as opposed to trying to wrangle every possible dollar out of the
pockets of their customers and losing good will at the same time.
That is my fundamental point in all of this.

  Steve