Hi,

what ist he best way to keep-alive a COM server? The python application
does more stuff in the background that needs to keep running. I know I
can start the server without COM clients by using the "-embedding"
command line argument. However, as soon as the last COM client
disconnects, the server stops.

I could just write a one-line COM dummy client that keeps at least one
connection open to the server but that would be an ugly way to solve the
problem.

There are some C++ based COM server that register as a windows service
and I know that can be done with python as well. The question is if
comtypes supports keeping the server responsive to COM clients even if
no clients are connected at the moment?

In the sources I found a Lock() method of LocalServer class in
"_comobject.py" but I don't know if this really helps and I couldn't
find any examples/test that show how to use it.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

//Jan