Hello all,

I'm using a COM library through comtypes and I'd like to add exception
handling to my code. Reading through this group I've understood
comtypes is supposed to raise the COMError exception if something is
wrong with the library. Is this correct?

Here is how I'm trying to handle it:

# "piSeman" is an object created with comtypes.client.CreateObject()
try:
    n = piSeman.Nodes[-1]  # index cannot be less than 0, so it's a mistake
except COMError:
    print('Error')
    sys.exit()

However, upon executing the statement after "try" python simply crashes:

> Problem signature:
>   Problem Event Name: BEX
>   Application Name:   python.exe
>   Application Version:        0.0.0.0
>   Application Timestamp:      53e3ddb5
>   Fault Module Name:  seman.dll
>   Fault Module Version:       1.0.0.1
>   Fault Module Timestamp:     5449a83e
>   Exception Offset:   00242e0a
>   Exception Code:     c0000417
>   Exception Data:     00000000
>   OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
>   Locale ID:  1049
>   Additional Information 1:   9604
>   Additional Information 2:   96043c98bcbd85604ce467a759e6fd1e
>   Additional Information 3:   8b44
>   Additional Information 4:   8b44ac3c9f876fe8047d534ff86187a6
>
> Read our privacy statement online:
>   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409
>
> If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our
> privacy statement offline:
>   C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I'm using comtypes 1.1.1 and python 3.4.1 on Windows 7.

Could anyone please give me some direction?

--
Best,
Andy