I have placed on my website powerpoint slides (of about 10 graphs) I
presented for a work in progress on public opinion and the supreme
court. The paper looks at public opinion over time and examines
"confidence" in the Supreme Court broken down by partisanship, age,
race, gender, region (South v. non-South although the data are not
reliable) and education. The data come from the General Social Survey,
which has asked since 1973 whether the respondent has a great deal of
confidence in the Supreme Court.  The slides can be viewed at:

http://www.law.upenn.edu/fac/npersily/workinprogress/pubopsct.pdf

For the logistic regressions at the end, a plus signifies a positive
significant relationship and a minus signifies a negative significant
relationship.  The second model, which includes a variable for the
respondents' average confidence across institutions, is a much more
reliable model.   Comments and questions are welcome, as always.

Nate

P.S. I am well aware of the work of Greg Caldeira and others analyzing
the same data and will attribute bountifully and accordingly once the
paper is written.

--
Nathaniel Persily
Assistant Professor of Law