Technically, the official name would be "Apache Manifold" anyway. The "Apache" always gets prefixed. Even Yukon may be okay since it would actually be "Apache Yukon".

In short, we don't need to propose "Apache" as part of what we vote on since that will automatically get added, I think.

-- Jack Krupansky

From: "Grant Ingersoll" <gsing...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:12 AM
To: <connectors-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: About name change

On Aug 31, 2010, at 7:45 AM, Karl Wright wrote:

I, too like it.  There's a problem though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifold_System

Other similar possibilities include Multiplex, or maybe we get somewhere by
using ManifoldCF?  Or maybe "Apache Manifold" is different enough from
"Manifold System" to be distinguishable?

I think ManifoldCF is distinct enough, I think, but we may need a outside ruling on that.

FWIW, Multiplex is also used, but it doesn't seem to be very significant:

This makes me think of movie theaters...

http://mc3030.heim1.de/english.php

Karl