The exception naming issue is noted, but that's really a separate
problem.  The IOException exception comes from the IO subsystem, and
it's the base exception of everything from an encoding exception
through a socket problem through a timeout.  ACFException is a similar
base exception class, except it comes from ACF.  So there is a rough
parity there.  If you want to challenge the use of base exception
classes, so be it, but that's not the difficulty with ManifoldCF.

Maybe we don't understand your intended usage of ManifoldCF, since it
seems to me like you possibly meant "Apache Manifold Connectors
Framework" for the full name?  If so, I certainly don't think any of
us got that.  Can you clarify/confirm?

Karl