Great, and thanks for volunteering!

The first thing to do create your key and add it to the KEYS file in
the project (if not already there), and add it to the Web of Trust.
The necessary steps are listed here:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing

I urge you to follow these instructions carefully; getting this right
is the hardest part of becoming a release engineer. ;-)

The second part involves the release itself.  I have a number of
Windows scripts that are useful for releases, which I will get into
some kind of order and commit to svn.  You will probably want to
create Linux equivalents.

Please keep me informed as to how it is going.

Karl