This week IIC, the International Institute for the Conservation of Historic
and Artistic Works, welcomes Sarah Stannage as the Institute's first
Executive Director. Sarah starts her new role, focussing on strategic
development of IIC, on 1 January 2018 and will join the Institute's present
staff of three.

Sarah Stannage said: "It is an enormous honour to take on this new role
within an organisation that plays such an important role in promoting
conservation all around the world. The dedication of Fellows and members who
commit their time to support the IIC is truly inspirational. I am looking
forward very much to working with Council, Fellows, members of IIC and the
team at the IIC Office as we lead the organisation on the next stage of its
journey".
Most recently Sarah was Chief Executive Officer of the UK conservation
charity, the Countryside Restoration Trust.  She has over 15 years senior
executive experience in the management of heritage, conservation of the
historic environment, academic research and community-lead regeneration
projects.  From 2010-11 she was awarded a Clore Leadership Fellowship to
advance her work in museums and conservation and is a Fellow of the Royal
Society of Arts.  Her first degree was in Conservation and Restoration at
the University of Lincoln.

Founded in 1950 by members of the World War II 'Monuments Men', IIC is the
London-based independent international organisation for professional
conservators. Supported by individual and institutional members, it serves
as a forum for communication among professionals with responsibility for the
preservation of cultural heritage, and advances knowledge, practice and
standards for the conservation of historic and artistic works through its
publications and conferences.

Sarah Staniforth CBE
President, IIC
Mobile: +44 7798 812678
Email: presid...@iiconservation.org

International Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works 3,
Birdcage Walk, London, SW1H 9JJ, UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 7799 5500
Fax: +44 (0)20 7799 4961
www.iiconservation.org

Follow IIC on our social networking pages:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/International.Institute.for.Conservation
LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/International-Institute-Conservation-Historic
-Artistic-4974966[1]

The Institute is a learned society, a company limited by guarantee
registered in England and Wales ( No. 481522) and a registered charity (No.
209677)

******