well, I am working on finishing up some lingering project group
functionality now, but once I knock it off my list I'll work on the
testing some.  I'll need to get up to speed on the latest integration
testing work you have been working on jason, and emm mentioned on irc
a while back that he was going to take a stab at bringing the web
testing back on line so I'll ping him and work with him on that...

also, its looks like there is a bit of a split on where to go release
wise atm, but I think we can all generally acknowledge that the tests
need to get improved, at the very least getting the web testing back
where it was before the ui refactor to webwork.  Perhaps we should
shoot for a feature freeze of sorts for the middle of november and
check where we are for a 1.1 release around that time.  A month should
be more then enough time to get the test case positions recovered to
an acceptable lvl and get a mess of the outstanding issues
resolved/lacking features fixed up.

jesse

On 10/17/06, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 17 Oct 06, at 2:34 PM 17 Oct 06, Brett Porter wrote:

> I agree with Emmanuel. IIRC, the profiles are already in the model,
> and basic choice of which JDK and maven/ant installation to use
> should be straightforward and extremely useful. I agree that making
> it more pervasive and using the toolchain support would be even
> better, but I don't believe it needs to wait for that.

I would be against any more radical changes until the testing setup
is rock solid. We're slipping in this area. We don't really know what
machines this stuff runs on and I don't think anything is automated
anymore. We need to stop paying lip service to what we are preaching.

Jason.

--
jesse mcconnell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]