Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
Hi,

At the begin, Continuum was designed to support maven2 projects so we thought it was good to put it under the maven umbrella. But now it supports other project types (ANT, shell scripts) too so it isn't centered on maven projects.

An other thing is that we have lot of users (not only maven users) with actually 450 subscribers to the users list, and I think we can get more with a TLP project.

My last point is that with the maven project, it isn't easy to add new committers because a new committer have the hand on all maven umbrella code and not only one project.

So I think it would be good for Continuum to become a Top Level Project at ASF and the continuum community will have more chance to grow.

My concern for the moment is we don't have enough committer from different companies, To be stable, at least 3 committers from different companies would be good.

WDYT?

I think Continuum fits both under the Maven umbrella and and a separate TLP on Apache and I would support both outcomes.

--
Trygve