On 28/08/2019 06:36, Anil Belur wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Sonatype has updated the issue that was opened Maven Central [1.] on the
> missing staging repositories and made some recommendations. A large
> number of staging repositories along with dup artifacts is making
> Central instable. Therefore they have recommended a workaround to
> configure the proxy between ODL Nexus and Maven Central [2.], that will
> inform and publish artifacts downstream when they are created on ODL Nexus.
>
> Going forward, we'll need to configure the smart proxy on our the
> environment to sync and publish artifacts onto Central. Also, we'll need
> to ensure this is done on priority so that ODL's staging repositories
> for the upcoming releases don't get purged.

Hello again,

I would like to note that this activity has been successfully completed
(thanks Anil and the Sonatype folks).

There is one unforeseen side-effect of this: all of our artifacts ever
released (well, at least all the way back to Helium release) are now
available on Maven Central -- i.e.
https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:org.opendaylight.controller%20AND%20a:sal-binding-api&core=gav

The immediate upshot of this is that we have javadocs for all artifacts
also available through javadoc.io, for example:

https://static.javadoc.io/org.opendaylight.controller/sal-binding-api/1.7.4/index.html?overview-summary.html

Regards,
Robert