On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, utuhiro wrote:

> Gwenole Beauchesne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Others please also test it carefully and check there is no regression
> > (even measurable performance regression)
>
> see http://www.geocities.jp/knee2525/images/OOo-help-ja06.html
> I added three japanese fonts and they work fine,
> but OOo's menu messages are not antialias :-(
> see also old http://www.geocities.jp/knee2525/images/OOo-help-ja05.html

So the new freetype library works as expected. ;-) i.e. it now honours OOo
request to first try embedded bitmaps. And, Kochi Gothic appears to have
embedded bitmaps.

As Giuseppe told me, it is sometimes better to use embedded bitmaps first
as they are usually hand-designed, thus visually better, in theory.

So, should we make OOo fallback to embedded bitmaps then, instead of
trying to use them at start? Or do you know another free font suitable for
UI with no embedded bitmaps?

Thanks for testing.

Bye,
Gwenole.