Buchan Milne wrote:

> Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
>> Levi Ramsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>
>> Are you sure about that? Packaging gtkmm2 is rather a fcrozat's
>> thing.
>
> And here I though we were aiming to have more community maintenance?
>
>> Last time I asked, he said he didn't really want to do it
>> until no package in the distro need it, which is rather sensible.
>>

> How can Austin commit his packages which require it if it isn't in the
> distro?
>
> What if people just want to be able to develop with it?

Exactly, the reason you gave for including it makes no sense whatsoever.  Mandrake
users might want to develop with it.  This goes for perl-Qt also.

> Or is Mandrake not a distro for developers, as indicated by the
> persistent issues with packages like libqt3 (QTDIR not set as
> /usr/share/doc/qt-3.1.1/README.Mandrake_Linux claims) and kdevelop (for
> which it is almost impossible to figure out how to get the qt and kde
> documentation installed and indexed)?

Sure seems like it sometimes.  And look, it's Qt users getting screwed again.  Awfully
*funny* for a distro that uses KDE by default, ::sigh::

> IIRC, wxGTK was in contrib long before anything in contrib required it ...

Exactly.