Victor Roetman wrote:

On Friday 12 September 2003 00:09, Pierre Jarillon wrote:

In fact RC2 is a beta 4. Please, make a RC3 ! Don't waste the good
reputation of Mandrake with a lack of finition.

Although I read this discussion and understand the issues involved, the fact is that Mandrake is already getting a bit of a bad reputation. Chinese was broken in the last release, so many people I know went to Redhat because Chinese support was very important for them, and they don't have the ability to fix a broken system as some of us do. It may be difficult to bring them back. I agree with Pierre, a little more time to fix and test would be very beneficial, not only for us as users and developers, but also for Mandrake's reputation. I think this release is very important for Mandrake.

vic

The problem is that if every Chinese user (or any other feature) wait for the last RC to begin to test if it works, it does not give a lot of time to fix the problems. You could have 5 or 6 RC, there will always be people who will try Mandrake when the final is released.

Eric