Brook Humphrey wrote:

I already use them and am the one who got them into mandrake. I do add to the rpm's occasionally (like when the ftp users weren't created properly because proftpd was changed to do this but not pureftpd) but don't maintain them persay but do use them exclusively.

Also to note on my lan same verything only difference was pureftpd and proftpd pro would get 600 - 800k of bandwidth (1000k network) and pure would get 900 - 1100k average throughput. You know the only reason pure was maxing out was because my network was maxed out were as pro just chokes.

Cheers

Thank you for your input, I will look at the different servers. Vincent recommended vsftpd too, it seems very efficient and secure indeed.

Eric