On Wednesday 08 October 2003 01:59 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> > This would be interesting to have a look at it but the only reason why I
> > haven't uploaded any prelink package yet is because (i) this is indeed
> > something to be run better through cron (daily for new installs, weekly
> > to reprelink), (ii) prelink'ing all fail because libqt depends on libGL
> > which requires PIC to be prelink. There is a way around that but this
> > requires things to supported in our kernel yet.
> >
> > I am interested in your cron jobs though.
>
> why can't libGL be PIC? because of performance? IIRC Jakub made a patch
> that separates performance critical functions from the others. I cannot
> remember this requiring kernel support, if so, what is it? perhaps Thomas
> or myself could already play with it in contribs.
>
> And what happens if you use nvidias libGL ? I bet it doesn't support
> prelink either?
>
> d.

I thought you could blacklist libraries and binaries based on using the -b
prefix in your /etc/prelink.conf file:

# If a file name is prefixed with `-b ', the file is black listed
#   and not tried to be prelinked (use for binary only distributions)

Example:

# glide
-b /usr/lib/libglide.so.2.53
-b /usr/bin/test3Dfx