Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Buchan Milne wrote:
I have been sent a package by someone that uses (AFAICT) two approaches,
running at install time, and running via cron. I will upload to contrib
(unless there is vehement opposition ...) this evening (I can't get to
klama from the university at present).

It actually only runs from the cron. The spec is MDK'ified RH spec, so that is basically taking their approach.

This would be interesting to have a look at it but the only reason why I
haven't uploaded any prelink package yet is because (i) this is indeed something to be run better through cron (daily for new installs, weekly to reprelink)

The way the RH spec (and the prelim spec I sent to Buchan) is that this is configurable. At present it runs once daily, performing a full prelink every 14 days. (This is configurable for your system, you can make it do a full run every day.)

(ii) prelink'ing all fail because libqt depends on libGL which requires PIC to be prelink. There is a way around that but this requires things to supported in our kernel yet.

I saw that on my test install.

- Jaco