On Thursday 23 October 2003 06:17 am, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> Brook Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Yes this is true also I should file a bug report for the scsi being
> > broke in the kernel. I have three machines with two different kinds
> > of scsi cards. All of them crash trying to format the hard
> > drives. So I know this is not isolated in my case. I think i even
> > two or three more systems I could test this on.
>
> it's still time to do so that a workaround or a fix can be found

Sure I try to get to it today. I can at least test on one box today but I
think the error was the same for them all. Could be wrong though.

> > These systems can not be tested with rc's because they are
> > production boxen.  it's kind of damned if you do damned if you dont
> > I guess. However on my desktop it works great. The bad part is that
> > due a scsi hard drive failure I really needed to upgrade and well I
> > was not able to and ended up having to put up a whole new server
> > without scsi. It's all on a 80 gig maxtor now. The other systems
> > dont have ide they are scsi only.
>
> well, since the boot kernel and the distro kernel are not the same,
> you may upgrade your machines by doring a regular update or an update
> through urpmi (urpmi urpmi; urpmi --auto-select)
on the one box this was not an option as the hard drive went out I had no
choice but to save my config files and start over.

> > Thanks guys for all your hard work. If you need help troubleshooting
> > the scsi problems I have three downed servers that I can test on.
>
> could you fill in a bug report with oops message if possible or any
> error message availlable on text consoles ?
> thanks

sure I'll try it here. It depends on how busy I get today but at the least I
can get it done within the next two or three days.

--
                                      Brook Humphrey