Le Vendredi 24 Octobre 2003 05:31, BOUTELIER Sébastien a écrit :
> Hello !
>
> I have some wishes for the Mandrake 10.0...
>
> First of all, is it possible to include in the Mandrake Controle Center a
> module for Bittorrent ? This module ask the user where to save the files,
> his login and password of mandrake club and that's all, the download start.
> This module can verify the presence of a proxy or a firewall, configure
> shorewall and give some advices to the user. I think the newbies will be
> happy with this ! No more FAQ or problem of python dependencies... You
> could use this system to download Beta or RC when we are in Beta or RC
> period.

Good idea, but is this necessary ? From Mandrake Club, the link
https://www.mandrakeclub.com/torrent.php?f_=xxxxx.torrent calls Bittorrent.

Bittorrent-shadowsclient is very nice and should replace the old version.
Some features should be include:
- a link to http://torrent.mandrakesoft.com:6969/
- an indication about the overall requested download bandwith and the
available upload bandwith.
- a message or a vu-meter to show the balance between upload and download.
When download is over, ask for don't stop upload.

> My fourth wish is perhaps a detail but is it possible to have an option to
> synchronize the time with a NTP regularly in the "date and time" module of
> MCC ? (in fact use a ntp command with cron or at internet connection).

Never call a ntp server with cron! This is the best way to overload a ntp
server if several people do that.
 Instead, use ntpd which is provided to call the server when needed and
does the best drift compensation for local clocks. The first aim of ntpd is
to make your time accurate, which is absolutely necessary to become a
server... if needed.

>  PS: Raaah ! I speak english like Babelfish !
I so! But we are not alone ;-)

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org/