On Friday 24 October 2003 09:55 am, Galileo wrote:
> All of the updates for 9.2 have an invalid gpg signature
> For example :
> rpm --checksig kernel-2.4.22.18mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm
> returns :
> kernel-2.4.22.18mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm: sha1 md5 (GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS:
> GPG#22458a98) i even imported gpg key from
> https://www.mandrakesecure.net/RPM-GPG-KEYS same thing.
> I used fr2.rpmfind.net to download updates.
>

> Next :
> On this page
> http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/advisories/advisory.php?name=MDKA-2003:020
>
> Mandrake says that all of the mandrakeclub commercial drivers are
> available.
> Quote:
> "New commercial drivers for this kernel are available at Mandrake
> Club."
> Now my English is a bit rusty but this should mean that they are there
> wright NOW !!!!!
> I don't see them here :
> http://rpms.mandrakeclub.com/rpms/MandrakeClub/comm/9.2/i586/ByDate.html

um they are. Maybe you didn't look right at the top of the page but listed
right there are drivers for ati, nvidia, winmodems and whatnot else.

> Next:
> After updating my system KDE lost its desktop and also menus.
> Deleting a user and adding it again didn't work.
> I wasn't even able to run rxvt since alt+f2 didn't work.
> Luckily there was menudrake in the menus so i restored the original
> menus.

um yes this does happen but the updates fix this. On the downside they also
trigger this so you are left having to do ctrl-alt-f1 or so login as root and
type update-menus -v. The downside is it deletes all the links off of kicker
also and they dont come back.

> You people need a reality check. And some really heavy quality
> assuring since this is really unprofessional. I don't remember
> something like this happening before.
> Now desktop issues don't bother me really but if such obvious things
> are happening what is going to happen with nonobvious.
> I'm currently building a new firewall/ruter using 9.2 and I'm starting
> to question myself should i do it with 9.2.
yes it's fine i have one setup already and it is working very well. the server
stuff is top notch.

> I can't afford such stupid things to happen on a central firewall in my
> network.

I run quite a few clients on mine and have them setup for the local newspaper
also which experienced a hard drive failure and is actually running cooker
from a few weeks after rc2. It is doing duty as a firewall just fine.

> Now how do you think this looks in the eyes of a desktop user ?
> It shoes that Mandrake is really unprofessional.
>
> It's no wonder that people look at me weird when a say that i use
> Mandrake for all of my servers.

well for the redhat versions that give you the nice server stuff that mandrake
does it will cost you between 1500 - 2500. I find the mandrake servers are in
higher usage and the powerpack includes more or less the same stuff you have
to pay much more for if you would run suse or redhat.

If you want older packages but that are tried and tested more mandrake also
makes a server version for much more but if you want a lower cost with the
same amount of functionality redhat and suse don't even have anything that
will compete with mandrake.

--
                                      Brook Humphrey