On Tuesday 08 October 2002 08:23 pm, jaqui wrote:
> sis uses opengl, that one shouldn't be to dificult, my card is sis6326 (
> old I know )and runs, just no current reliable 3d accel with it. xfree
> 3.2.0 has experimental never seemed to improve though.

I presume you meant 4.2.0; the SiS chipset sucks - they cut too many corners -
consequently the drivers are difficult to make work reliably. With the
original 6326 cards I could line up four machines with four identical 6326
cards and get four different levels of functionality from
everything-in-software through maybe everything-but-cursor in software and
cursor-only-in-software to 100% functional hardware acceleration.

Cheers; Leon