Hi!

I've done a small enhancement for /sbin/ifup-local and
/sbin/ifdown-local: put the attached file in /sbin/if-local and link
ifup-local and ifdown-local to it. Then everytime ifup-local is called,
all scripts in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-local.d will be
executed and everytime ifdown-local is called, all scripts in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-local.d will be executed. It is also
possible to link ifdown-pre-local and ifup-pre-local to if-local.

This makes it really easy to update e.g. the postfix chroot resolv.conf
using the attached 6postfix script which should be put in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-local.d by the postfix rpm.

On my system (a notebook) I also reload ntpd and cups, because they
usually don't like if the ip address changes, and mount/umount some nfs
directories on a server depending on the domain name I get from the dhcp
server.

--
  Michael Reinsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://mr.uue.org