So thanks to AngryPenguin for help on both of these packages. They are built and both install on my 64 bit system. Specefm works lnav does not. It fails to run with:

    lnav: symbol lookup error: lnav: undefined symbol: _ZN7pcrecpp2RE4InitERKSsPKNS_10RE_OptionsE

if someone wants to fix that great, if not, so be it.

Thanks to Bero's input for making me think and prompting me to review some bash scripting stuff I learned in a course last year and seem to have promptly forgotten. Like Grandpa said "to learn it you have to use it".

**Post-Edit:** I'm bumfoozled by no edit button in Discourse Cooker forum.

Ben Bullard
ben79
OpenMandriva-QA Team