Hi,

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 13:10 CET, Tomasz Gajc <tpg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i've noticed that cross-*-openmandriva-* packages are pulled in when
> running dnf upgrade or when building iso:

This is a bug, I know what's causing it, but not yet sure what the best way to
fix it is.

The crosscompilers are now in a shape where they actually do what they should
do - including support for shared libraries and all. But rpm's dependency
generator is a little stupid, so it sees a libgcc_s.so.1 and generates a
"Provides: libgcc_s.so.1()(64bit)" dependency -- ignoring the fact that this
libgcc_s.so.1 is for a different 64bit architecture.

So when installing something else, rpm sees something needing
libgcc_s.so.1()(64bit), and somehow ends up selecting the aarch64 cross
libgcc_s.so.1 to fulfill the dependency.

The quick fix is to just make sure cross-* packages don't provide anything.

Better fix would be to eliminate "libwhatever.so.x()(64bit)" style dependencies
and replace them with something more accurate, like
"libwhatever.so.x()(aarch64)" or so.
Obviously that would require patching rpm and rebuilding all packages.

ttyl
bero