You can absolutely cook this in your crock pot. I would give it 5 hours on low just to be on the safe side. You might even want to cook it an additional hour with the cover off.
Jean
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brittany Simpson" <autumnrain...@att.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2010 7:15 PM
Subject: [CnD] A question about a recipe

Hi list,
I have a recipe that Marilyn sent in several weeks ago for beef tips and rice. I've made it before according to the recipe and had great results with it, but my problem is I have a very difficult time holding my hands level while bringing something to the oven. I cook this recipe in a 9 by 13 casserole dish resting on a cookie sheet in the oven, and my fear is that while picking the cookie sheet out of the oven, or bringing it to the oven, I'm going to tip the cookie sheet enough so that the glass casserole topples to the floor and breaks, getting food everywhere. So my question is this. do you guys think this recipe, reprinted below, would be okay to cook in the crock pot? And if so, on what setting and for how long? I don't know how hot my crock pot gets, but it has a high and low setting like most crock pots. I just don't know if it gets up to 275 degrees which is what this recipe calls for. My mother seems to think it doesn't matter and that I could do it anyway. Wha
t do you guys think?
The recipe is right here.
Thanks
Brittany
EASIEST EVER BEEF-TIPS AND RICE
2 lbs beef stew meat
2 cans french onion soup
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 packages quick rice (microwavable)
Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
In an ovenproof casserole dish, add all ingredients and stir. Salt and pepper well.
Bake uncovered for 4 hours.
Pour over rice or noodles and serve.  Enjoy.