I just cook the spinach, drain it, add a little chopped onion and beef or chicken bouillon (to taste) and sour cream. Heat it through and voila!
Yours sounds good, too.  I forgot about adding nutmeg for cream sauces.
jean
----- Original Message ----- From: "Abby Vincent" <aevinc...@ca.rr.com>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:12 PM
Subject: [CnD] creamed spinach

The creamed spinach I make starts with cooking a flower/butter or oil
mixture, along with finely chopped onions until the flour gets slightly
brown, about three minutes stirring constantly.  Then I gradually add milk
until it's the amount and consistency I want.  Then I add spinach, nutmeg,
salt and pepper. If I'm in the mood, I add chopped, cooked bacon.

Has anyone tried it with an alternative liquid such as chicken broth or
vegetable broth?  Would it still be creamy, not runny, and it taste better
than milk?

Any help would be appreciated.

Abby