From: cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org
[mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On Behalf Of Lora Leggett
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:19 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] Apple/Tomato Corer

I have one I got many years ago from one of the cider mills around this
area.  It divides the apple into sections and you put the apple on the
counter and put this metal thing on top of the apple and try to make sure it

is straight and push straight down.  The apple comes apart in sections and
hopefully the core is in the small section in the middle and the other
pieces of apple are in wedtes I guess you would call them.  It oesn't always

line up perfectly for every apple but I can feel the hard cory pieces in the

center and cut them with a knife if it is a bit hard.  I don't always use it

anymore but it gets it close and then it is easier to put the apple pieces
in my mouth.  I cannot bite into a raw apple anymore.
I am not sure where to get them.  It was many years ago when Debbie and
Georgie were in elementary school when we went to the cider mill.