From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Colleen via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 4:37 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] brandied fruitcake

This is the only microwave fruitcake I could find.  Unhappily, there are no
spices called for.  If I do decide to make this, I've got to put in some
spices.

BRANDIED FRUITCAKE

1/2 lb. candied chopped fruit
1/4 lb. candied cherries
1/4 c. raisins
3/4 c. coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
2 tbsp. brandy
1 c. plus 2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. butter, softened
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 c. egg substitute or 3 eggs
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Place fruit and nuts in medium bowl with brandy; toss together. Let stand
overnight. Add half the flour to the fruit-nut mixture in a medium bowl. Add
eggs; beat well. Add remaining flour and baking powder; stir well. Stir in
fruit mixture until well combined.
Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with strip of waxed paper that extends past ends in
both directions for ease of removing cake from pan. Fill pan with batter.
Microwave on MEDIUM about 8-9 minutes, then microwave on HIGH 1 minute,
rotating once until loaf tests done with toothpick (may have slight moist
spot on flat
surface.)

Cover and let stand on flat surface; lift from pan to cool on rack. When
completely cool, wrap in brandy soaked cheesecloth. Place in plastic bag and
refrigerate up to 3 months. Serves 12-16.

TIP: Fruitcake can be baked in two disposable microwave mini-loaf pans (6
3/4 x
3 3/4 x 1 3/4 inch). Bake the 2 small loaves at one time, rearranging pans
twice during cooking. Recipe can be doubled to make 2 (9x5-inch) loaves.
Microwave one at a time.

If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough!