Hello, I am Gerry Leary. I own the unseen bean coffee shop. It has two
locations. I roast all of the coffee for it. I can do most tasks in the coffee
shops well, and a few tasks clumsily. The tasks that I do clumsily or ones that
I don't do often and haven't learned well. I do come from a handy background,
because I was car mechanic for 40  years. I have been blind since birth, and
have no idea what vision is. The tasks that are difficult for me to do in a
coffee shop or things like spreading things on bread smoothly picking up only
one slice of Finley sliced meat. I do these things with food gloves on because
a it is a requirement, and be it gives the people confidence in the cleanliness
of our shops.

Sent from my iPhone this time

> On Dec 5, 2015, at 6:24 AM, Mike and Jenna via Cookinginthedark
> <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I woulk in the restaurant filed. I find that their really isn't much she can
> not do. I found the only thing for me was decorating cakes and stuff.

 arily know The way that it might look the best. So, other people and assist me
with that. When our coffee shop is really really busy, I generally stay away
from the backside of the counter. I can be more productive talking to people
about how blind people roast coffee, what kind of adaptations we had to make in
the equipment so that I could use it, and anything about the rest of the
difficulties of being in the restaurant I would say, the most difficult part
about being a blind business person is all of the paperwork necessary to carry
it out. The accounting the taxes the invoicing the receiving the shipping and
anything else that you might think of that song for you druther really needs a
pair of eyes to make it an efficient process. Therefore a lot of that work I
have to buy. So in some ways it cost me more as a blind person however, there
are sighted people out there that just can't add 2+17-5 because it just isn't
something that they like to do there are sighted people out there
  that don't even know what a screwdriver does. They just don't have it in
them, or they don't have the interest. So we're not really any worse off as
blind people. In my case I have to pay bookkeepers accountants secretaries
readers drivers and people to assist me in many of the restaurant processes.
Four instance I can function well if I label all of the bottles in the
refrigerator. I can function well if I label all of the meat containers. That
way I don't have to touch the insides of the container or smell the bottle or
take a taste for my glass. I can function well with the cash register once I'm
used to how it works. The one in my secondary store which I'm at every day, is
set up a little differently, and doesn't have as many items on it. If you wish
I would talk on the phone or through Skype as long as you want, and you feel
free to ask any questions that you wish. I have had my coffee company since
2003.