Well put, Ms. Jennifer. If I see a recipe that calls for coconut, which I cannot stand and will not touch same with jello, I delete it. Wayne

----- Original Message -----
From: Jennifer Chambers via Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Date sent: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 21:31:57 +0000
Subject: Re: [CnD] guide lines; all members please read

My apologies, but I cannot tell who it was that stated he or she hoped he or she was not unfriendly. Sometimes, I cannot figure out this gmail account. Anyway, Wayne, I think you may have been the one to
make that statement, and, no, you are not the unfriendly one.

I will state this, then unsubscribe, for I am done with the bickering and bullying that goes on here. I know it's not a constant thing, but
it's wearing on the nerves.

When Naima began sending her copycat recipes to the list, I thought it was great! Most of them I had no intention of making, but I liked to see how they were done. Then one person decided for the whole list that the recipes were not pertinent to the group. Never mind what others might feel. Yes, others did agree with him, and others felt as
I do.  That's why I mentioned hitting the Delete key if a recipe
didn't appeal. I, for instance, absolutely abhor cream cheese. When I read a recipe and I see that ingredient, I delete the recipe without reading to the end. I already know I don't want it. Yet I have never
requested that people don't post things with cream cheese in it.

There are many recipes where one must beat egg whites to a stiff peak. A lot of blind people are comfortable with this technique; I am not. Yet I don't get on here and complain about it; I simply hit Delete.

Know your comfort zone and move on! Why would you deprive others of
something they may enjoy?

Okay, I'll climb down from my soapbox, now, but it's going to be a
long step down!  I will hit the Send button now, then I'm off to
unsubscribe.

Best to all,

Jennifer

On 7/23/16, Steve Stewart via Cookinginthedark