Better than steel wool, which becomes disgusting after only a few
uses, is the chain mail pot scrubber recommended for cast iron -- and
it works on everything else too and without scratching the surface of
porcelain or other cooking implements!

Here's a link:
https://www.amazon.com/Knapp-Made-CM-Scrubber-Stainless/dp/B0087UYR1S

The only thing to watch out for -- speaking from sad experience! -- is
not to leave it in the sink where it can accidentally get washed into
your disposal!

Penny